To apply, CLICK HERE
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Possess basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills. The technician will be able to troubleshoot problems with the above mentioned systems and take initiative to correct and seek immediate assistance as necessary.
- Must be proficient in in the understanding of preventive maintenance processes. This includes inspections, lubrication, general maintenance tasks, including but not necessarily limited to assembly and dis-assembly of components, problem troubleshooting, and correction.
- Performing breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and support as directed on all production equipment, utilities, building/grounds, etc.
- Complete parts requisitions, reservations, work orders, time confirmations, and notifications within SAP completely and in a timely manner.
- Technician disassembles defective electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, replaces defective or worn parts, and reassembles equipment.
- Responsible for supporting electrical infrastructure of plant facility up to 480V which includes, but is not limited to replacing all fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches within all facilities under supervision of Plant.
- Working independently and on teams and demonstrating safe work practices.
- Must possess working knowledge in automation and process control systems.
- Adhere to preventative/predictive maintenance schedules as outlined in work schedules for both outage and non-outage work.
- Read and follow equipment manufacturer’s specifications in regards to assembly, component replacement, use in troubleshooting, and other activities. This will including reading, working with, and maintaining mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
- The employee is continuously required to lift up to 20 pounds, frequently required to lift 10 to 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift over 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to carry over 50 pounds.
- Must have physical coordination to operate fork lift (to remove and replace extremely heavy parts.
- Must have the physical ability and coordination to operate machinery (Lathe, Grinder, Drill Press, Handsaw, etc...,) used to make and repair parts.
- Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery.
- Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inside Conditions: Extremes of heat (100 seasonal), humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals
- Electro-mechanical skills, computer controls, with ability to program, ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical and fluid power breakdowns on manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Must have experience in identifying basic hand tools. Printing industry experience a plus. Prior maintenance/electrical experience necessary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years hands on experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of high speed equipment.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals. Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision when needed
- Prepare equipment and materials as needed and effectively operate the equipment including the following:
- Measuring instruments (micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers, multimeters)
- Precision machines (drill press, mill, lathes)
- Hand tools (drills, wrenches, grinders)
- Material handling equipment (forklifts, cranes, and overhead hoists)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
All types of machinery involved in the folding carton industry. Must have own tools needed to make mechanical and/or electrical repairs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Industrial Maintenance experience, printing experience preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour certification. 30 Hour certification preferred
- Company issued Fork Truck Operator’s license.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Technician, Hydraulics, Maintenance, Electrical, ERP, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing