To apply, CLICK HERE.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Provides support for process improvement projects. These projects may involve pumping systems, gear systems, air supply systems, bearing failures, paper machine roll functions, etc.. The Engineer Intern will support the mill’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required. This will include updating ownership rounds and auditing of maintenance KPI’s. Then work with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI’s.
The successful candidate will assist in driving best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel. Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others. Must learn quickly and analyze the data.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed within the summer.
- Update BOM’s of newly installed equipment.
- Update area Plot Plans to show locations of newly installed equipment.
- Assist in conducting RCFA’s and following up on corrective actions.
- Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
- Present to the department periodically and at the end of the internship
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive for Results
- Comfortable working in manufacturing environments.
- Desire to work on projects.
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science, or other engineering or engineering related discipline.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Electrical, Supply, Package Design, Entry Level, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing