To apply, CLICK HERE
Human Resources Generalist
Requisition ID: 10573-159
Monroe, LA, US, 71203
Category: Human Resources
Pay Grade: 92
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
HR Generalist Support
- Provides Human Resource generalist support in areas such as staffing, employee relations, training/development, and other related areas.
- Monitors and provides necessary training and coaching to managers and supervisors as needed.
- Completes day-to-day administration of human resource programs including completing all the necessary paperwork to enroll, terminate and modify employee records.
- Leads employee relations issues with plant management to affect prompt and appropriate resolution.
- Administers company policies and helps to ensure alignment and consistent application of policies,
- Directs the collection and preparation of routine and special human resource reports.
- Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work-related problems and union grievances. Evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skills training or personal intervention, to resolve human relations issues.
- Leads internal investigations related to employee complaints.
- Manages the internal job posting process to ensure timely posting of open positions. Reviews all internal applications and works with hiring manager to ensure proper placement of internal candidates.
- Sources qualified candidates through advertising, approved recruiters, and other recruiting sources.
- Interviews and assists in the selection of qualified candidates to fill approved positions. Coaches managers on candidate interviewing and selection. Analyzes job requirements making recommendation of final selection.
- Manages hourly employment offer processes and all pre-employment steps – references, background check, and drug screen – in preparation for completing the hiring process.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications received for open positions to ensure proper correspondence is sent to applicants. Maintains applicant database.
- Performs new employee orientation to foster positive outlook toward plant and company goals.
Employee Record Processing
- Oversees the off-boarding process. Prepares and processes termination paperwork.
- Completes transactions for all employee changes that represent a change in status among which include promotions, transfers, separations, approved leaves, etc.
- Processes Human Resource Information System data to and always maintain data integrity.
Timekeeping / Payroll Processing
- Provides backup support for weekly time keeping and payroll processing. Prints and audits reports as necessary.
- Completes secondary review of all timecards to ensure all are properly completed and authorization, report any violations or issues to plant management.
- Routinely audits employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws. Conducts investigations as assigned.
- Monitors and maintains EEOC/Affirmative Action Plan and other legal records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts periodic audits and reports audit findings and makes recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, or improvements related to compliance.
- Manages site’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy and maintains necessary records and reports.
- Acts as the on-site communications conduit for all corporate internal communications. Prints and posts all required communications, posters, etc., and facilitates the distribution, as required.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of human resource generalist experience in a union plant environment preferred/highly desirable
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field, or equivalent experience
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred/highly desirable
- HR Policy and Procedure Knowledge
- Labor and Employment Law (NLRB, EEO, ADA, AA, FMLA, etc.)
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.