To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 10460-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Accounting and Finance
Pay Grade: 86
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position is an experienced level Accounting Lead responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable and/or the Accounts Receivable Supervisor(s) in leading the everyday operations of the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable portion of the GPI Shared Services department. The responsibilities are varied and include three or more of the following: assist with integrating/consolidating bolt-on acquisitions into existing systems/processes, ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of vendor payments, customer receipts and related controls, lead and assist with implementing process improvements. The position requires an extensive understanding of how these functions work.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Perform a wide range of accounting, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable (AP/AR) tasks
- Assist Supervisor in leading assigned team of up to 10 employees that perform a variety of department cross functional responsibilities (vendor invoice posting, customer cash application, T&E report processing, vendor payment distribution, vendor/customer master data compliance, customer service requests, internal audit reviews, and other tasks as needed)
- Handle escalated vendor and customer payment issues
- Plan, organize and participate in operational activities using the SAP ERP system
- Analyze and prepare various required and assigned financial reports for Management review
- Analysis of AP/AR activities and provide technical advice, as needed
- Develop, prepare and/or assemble reports, charts, and graphs, as required
- Interface with other departments to resolve accounting problems
- Implement new streamlined systems and procedures in order to optimize efficiency and accuracy of work
- Tracking and reporting of operational key metrics
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity and Trust (Core GPI Competency)
- Action Oriented (Core GPI Competency)
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of current payroll compliance requirements
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other Business-related program (i.e. Supply Chain Management, Risk Management, etc.) or six to eight years of related experience
- Five years of lead experience
- SAP experience is a plus
- Experience leading and working in a diverse, changing and growing business environment
- Proactive and creative work approach who offers ideas and solutions to problem solving situations and the ability to take ownership of assigned projects
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookup formulas, IF/AND statements) preparing and formatting of data downloaded from SAP into Excel for reporting purposes
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Accounting, Accounts Payable, ERP, Electrical, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Technology, Engineering