To apply, CLICK HERE
Ops Maint Coordinator I-PM
Requisition ID: 11019-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Manufacturing Management
Travel: No Travel Required
Pay Grade: E3
MISSION / SUMMARY: This position provides technical support and leadership within the department. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Assist in the development of specific performance parameters for paper machine operations.
- Support/lead process improvement projects. Projects involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for on chemical trials and investigation of new technologies.
- Under broad supervision, assists in the design of plant equipment and processes for the operation of the paper machine.
- Analyze weekly and monthly process trends
- May be required to provide guidance for other engineers and/or provide supervision to hourly employees operating the paper machine.
- Support the mill’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required including updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI’s.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others.
- Work under the direction of Superintendent or Asst. Superintendent to lead activities in determining the efficient and effective use of the full spectrum of the process chemistry to include an evaluation of the economic use of established chemical controls as well as any trial chemistry being evaluated for use.
- Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of process control instrumentation, sampling and verification of process indication.
- Manage vendor compliance with mill safety rules for storage, inventory and handling.
- Review daily production and quality data, analyzes production and operation issues.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly cost and production budgets.
- Assist key personnel in outage planning and operational scheduling.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Chemical Engineering, or Pulp & Paper Science, or other engineering discipline
- 0-3 years’ experience in process engineering in the pulp and paper industry.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.