To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 9442-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Manufacturing Management
Travel: No Travel Required
Pay Grade: 95
MISSION / SUMMARY: The Operations/Maintenance Coordinator assists the Paper Machine Superintendent with operability issues and identifies potential solutions to resolve run ability and quality problems. This position also works with Maintenance supervision to prioritize maintenance activities a week in advance of the scheduled work.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Daily inspection of the paper machine to identify potential issues with equipment including drive belts, pulleys and idlers, deckles, rolls and piping.
- Communicate any findings with hourly operations personnel and supervision.
- Daily inspection of level controls for stock chests
- Daily inspection of pumps including packing
- Verify seal water on all pumps
- Daily inspection of trim squirt tanks and filters
- Daily inspection of carrier ropes and sheaves
- Verify carrier rope splices are intact
- Daily inspection of pulpers for proper operation
- Daily inspection of separators verifying proper level
- Attend Daily Maintenance/Operations (MOPS) planning meetings as representative of Operations Department.
- Prioritize general maintenance work in collaboration with machine Superintendent, Maintenance and E/I supervision (in Daily MOPS meeting)
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years related industrial maintenance experience with a BS degree or a high school diploma with 7 years related industrial maintenance experience.
- 3 years production supervision experience preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- BS degree in engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and a CMMS system preferably SAP.
- Utilize SAP for the creation of task lists to assist in job planning.
- Candor/Integrity; Assertive Leadership skills; Sense of Urgency; People skills including coaching, teaching, managing and confronting; Strong written and verbal communication skills; Organized work practices and attention to detail; Self discipline and the willingness to support colleagues unselfishly.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, SAP, Operations, Engineering, Technology