To apply, CLICK HERE.
Title: Supvr., Paper III
Requisition ID: 8313-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Manufacturing Management
Travel: No Travel Required
Pay Grade: 95
MISSION / SUMMARY: Position is key to shift operation and productivity of 1 paper machine, and supervising the union hourly workforce assigned to those machines.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Directly supervises 20 - 30 hourly employees. Plans and controls production performance as measured against operating targets developed according to machine capabilities, manpower capabilities and projected business.
- Responsible for the planning and monitoring of production performance against key operating targets.
- Coordinate on-shift work orders and routine maintenance.
- Ensures compliance to established customer quality and production standards.
- Actively leads and participates in plant safety, housekeeping, 5S and lean manufacturing programs by ensuring goals are met within the department.
Ensures completion of all required paperwork, schedules, work orders, etc.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience in paper manufacturing.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree Preferably Pulp and Paper Science or engineering
- Ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule including some weekends. 5-week rotation work schedule: 3 off, 4 on; 7 off, 4 on; 3 off, 3 on; 1 off, 4 on. This 5-week rotation provides weekends off: 2 long weekends Friday through Sunday and one Friday and Saturday off.
- The incumbent must provide strong leadership and teamwork to make a quality product while ensuring safe and efficient operations.
- SAP experience preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Paper, SAP, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing, Legal