To apply, CLICK HERE.
High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled Character Artist to collaborate with the art team to develop heroes and enemies. In this role, you will create top-quality characters for use in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing material.
• Creating characters, enemies, and weapons based on concept art or reference photos
• Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
• Collaborate with the art director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar
• Build clean highly animate-able topology
• Give and receive feedback with concept artists and character modelers
• Be forward thinking and have the ability to help the team refine our technical pipelines so we can continue to push the boundaries of real-time character performance
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• You are able to create believable characters that are full of life and personality in high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures
• You possess an intimate knowledge of human anatomy and form
• The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
• Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
• Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
• Knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya or Max, ZBrush, Substance)
• Shipped game title experience
• Experience managing content and developing pipelines, experience painting textures in Photoshop, from hand or based on texture reference, tuning (or creating) surface shaders for real-time rendered characters, and skin weighting, rigging, and animation
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and you think you’re a perfect fit, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.