To apply, CLICK HERE.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, or technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Job role description: Associate Application Developer
We’re looking for a real-world problem solver with the technical savvy to make the impossible, possible. As an Associate Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Application Developer:
• Define, detail and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
• Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
• Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting).
- Travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
- Our Motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
- Check us out on Youtube: http://ibm.biz/BatonRougeCIC
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Retirement Planning. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience/basic knowledge to fit one of the below paths:
- Demonstrated programming proficiency and experience with programming languages, methodologies and Object Oriented Programming (Ex. Java, J2EE C++, etc)
- Development tools (Ex. Integrated Development Environment's(IDE’s), debuggers, code repositories)
- Developing mobile applications (native or hybrid), iOS/Android/Windows using Swift, Objective C or Android Studio
- XCode development environment
- Developing cloud-native applications and deploying to a Cloud environment with one of the following: IBM Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) of code into production
- Must be available to begin full time work between January-June 2021.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field ( Computer Science a plus!)
- Experience with all aspects of development life cycle and developing applications using the Agile methodology
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions strongly desired
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques strongly desired