To apply, CLICK HERE.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has immediate openings for Java Application Development Specialists. Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies, the successful candidate will be part of challenging and rewarding projects to build and support technical solutions to meet their business needs. As a Java Application Development Specialist you will be expected provide development, support and delivery services for complex client applications. This role requires a broad knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues, work cross team to develop and implement solutions and provide technical support and consultation.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel a minimal 50% of the time.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3 years or more of experience programming as a Java Developer
· 2 years or more of experience using Spring Boot
· 2 years or more of experience using JPA and REST APIs
· 2 years or more or more of experience with developing Microservices
· 2 years or more of database/data persistence experience using RDBMS or NoSQL
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience using Spring Cloud
· Experience using CI/CD tools (Git, Sonar)
· Experience using JUnit, Mockito
· Knowledgeable with Agile, Scrum
Knowledgeable of Amazon Web Services (AWS)