To apply, CLICK HERE.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The SAP PI/PO Consultant is responsible for Full life-cycle implementation of SAP PI/PO, PI/PO interface design and interface creation. Working with customers to define business processes, interfaces, and data mapping. Knowledge of SAP Netweaver and Java development using NWDS/NWDI.
Key experiences for this role:
• Experience in PO 7.4 and 7.5 java stack only versions
• Experience in HTTP, IDOC, RFC, SOAP, REST, FILE, JMS Adapters
• Experience in PI Mapping and BPM
• Knowledge of SLD configuration, NWA configuration, message monitoring tools
• Architecture knowledge of PO Single stack (Java only)
• Experience with ABAP proxy, IDOC's, Function Modules/ BAPI, BADI, Customer-exits, ALE / IDOC framework (configuration, customization, troubleshooting and monitoring)
• Experience of Java mapping within PO
• Experience in using CTS+ and understanding the methods to transport ESR and ID objects in the landscape
• Experience of user defined mapping and standard functions to create message mapping.
• High level knowledge of using NWDS/NWDI for custom PI java development
• In depth understanding on PI Cache management required.
• Knowledge in performance optimization for the PI java stack required
• Experience in message archiving within PI for synchronous and asynchronous messages
• Experience in integrating 3rd party systems and vendors.
Ability to architect an integration solution from the requirements provided by the functional team
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. No remote opportunities exist.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong working experience in development of ESR & ID objects, message monitoring, channel monitoring & adapter monitoring, Alert
- 5+ years of experience in Configuration & Error handling techniques.
- 5+ years of experience using various PI adapters like FILE, IDOC, IDOC_AAE, MAIL, JDBC, PROXY, HTTP, HTTP_AAE, OData, SFSF, and SOAP.
- 5+ years working with Graphical Mapping scenarios using Standard Functions and Node Function
- 5+ years of Experience working in a client facing role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of CPI-DS / SDI integration with IBP/APO system
- BODS experience.
- Awareness of APO / SCM, or ideally IBP experience and integration to other enterprise systems (S/4 Hana or ECC, BW, SAC etc)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.