To apply, CLICK HERE.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. Your role will involve:
- Development for specific systems on a range of platforms including Linux, Microsoft and various mobile environments (iOS, Android, Hybrid)
- Working within the entire development life-cycle including design, build, and coding
- Using object-oriented programming languages and tools to deliver a range of solutions
- Participates in the analysis of system and business requirements to provide hands-on solutions to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Communicates with the Product Management and development teams to raise issues and identify potential barriers in a timely fashion.
- Strong track record of establishing or using best practices in software architecture and development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 year of experience with Application Architecture projects
- At least 4 years experience of designing architecture solutions with supporting documentation for multiple points of integration (with various servers, applications, platforms, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud migration to one of the following Clouds: Red Hat, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud platform, or IBM Cloud
- Experience with Containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Must be detail oriented and have critical thinking skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Development experience in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them correctly: Java and/or Web Technologies (i.e. C#, .NET, SWL, etc).
- Experience with APIs
- Cloud technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, Red Hat, etc)
- Experience with breaking down application monoliths to microservices
- Experience with loosely coupled service-oriented and /or event-driven architecture
- Experience with toolchains
- Experience working with Informatica and/or Sterling
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.