To apply, CLICK HERE
Job Title: Tax Manager
Position Summary: Metal Shark is a small, fast growing company and is seeking to add a Tax Manager to our growing team.
The prospective employee will lead the Company’s tax reporting, compliance, and planning activities.
Typical Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Prepare and report various information related to current business tax credits
- Prepare and file various tax returns (including federal, state, and local income tax return)
- Play a key role in planning for and integrating acquisitions
• Oversee the process for evaluating and pursuing various tax incentives and credits at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Research all tax matters
- Assist in effectively managing sales and use tax payments, training the accounting department on various nuances,
- and assisting, as required, as a liaison with vendors
- Potentially assist Controller in monthly closings or other strategic accounting projects, depending on workload
- Forecast Tax Liabilities and coordinate with FP&A cash flow forecasting
- Manage all property tax filings
- Assist in effectively managing payroll taxes and reducing nexus risk
- Keep up with all new local, state, and federal regulation changes
- Provide strategic guidance to Metal Shark in all tax matters, including International Tax Governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license a plus
- 3+ years experience in tax
- Experience managing Louisiana Tax Credits a plus
- M&A experience a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate tax rules and concepts to the company leadership
- Must be self-directed, with strong organizational skills, and receptive to working in a dynamic and fast-paced
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels,
- internally and externally
- Must possess strong leadership skills, business acumen, and strategic agility
About Us: Metal Shark is a leading shipbuilder specializing in the design and production of boats and ships for
military, law enforcement, fire rescue, and a wide spectrum of commercial applications. At its facilities in Franklin and
Jeanerette Louisiana, and Bayou La Batre, Alabama, Metal Shark manufactures vessels in aluminum, steel, and
fiberglass, with current capabilities supporting production for vessels up to 300’ in length.