To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Title: Class 1 Mechanic Reports to: Superintendent Location: Jeanerette Status: Hourly
Hours: Full Time, 6:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. M-F
Potential for overtime on Weekdays and Weekends
Education or Required Experience:
- 2 to 3 years experience installing outboard engines as well as small and large diesel engines along with all related systems
- 2 to 3 years experience in DC electrical systems
- 1 year working knowledge of AC electrical systems
- Required Skills:
- Must be able to install systems including but not limited to: fire suppression, steering, cooling, fuel, DC systems related to engines, fire pumps, jets, drive shafts and exhaust.
- Install generators.
- Install and plumb AC and generator cooling water pickup systems.
- Run and troubleshoot generator systems.
- Troubleshoot all engine discrepancies.
- Proficiently use a multimeter.
- Program engine communication and integration systems.
- Install and integrate NMEA2000 with engine systems.
- Be proficient in all mechanic class 3 and 2 tasks.
- Clean shop and work area.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to complete tasks.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays