To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Title: Class 1 Fitter/ Tig Welder Reports to: Foreman
Hours: Full Time, 6:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. M-F
Potential for overtime on Weekdays and Weekends
Education or Required Experience:
- 3 + years of experience in the ship/boat building industry welding aluminum
- Must be able to read and understand simple and complex blue prints accurately
- Must be able to tack and weld, distribute heat evenly with a clean bead
- Must be able to pass the MSB Weld Test
- Job Requirements:
- Possess strong attention to detail in order to aid Metal Shark’s strong quality assurance program
- Excellent math skills with the ability to read a tape measure accurately
- Must be able to fit and weld aluminum proficiently
- Must be able to complete any task according to blue print specs and with minimal QA discrepancies
- Must be able to plan his/ her work out and complete tasks with minimal supervision and in a timely manner
- Must be very productive
- Ability to fix a defected weld to QA standards
- Must be able to weld in any position (uphill, downhill, horizontal, pipe or flat)
- Ability to operate power equipment safely and comply with all safety standards
- Demonstrates strong work ethic
- Must be able to operate power tools (grinders, saws, drills, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Works well with others
- Must wear all required safety equipment and perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Possess all requirements that make up a class 2 and 3 tig hand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to complete tasks. Able to work 50+ hours when needed.
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Each employee should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.