To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Title: Class 2 Fitter/ Tig Welder Reports to: Foreman
Hours: Full Time, 6:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. M-F
Potential for overtime on Weekdays and Weekends
Education or Required Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the ship/boat building industry welding aluminum
- Must be able to read and understanding simple blue prints
- Must be able to tack, distribute heat evenly with a clean bead
- Must be able to pass the MSB Weld Test
- Required Skills:
- Possess strong attention to detail in order to aid Metal Shark’s strong quality assurance program
- Basic math skills with the ability to read a tape measure accurately
- Must be able to either fit or weld aluminum proficiently to QA standards
- Ability to operate equipment safely and comply with all safety standards
- Demonstrates strong work ethic
- Must be able to operate power tools (grinders, saws, drills, etc.)
- Works well with others
- Must wear all required safety equipment and preform housekeeping duties as required
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to complete tasks with some supervision
- Able to plan his/ her work out and complete in a timely manner.
- Possess all required skills that make up a class 3 tig hand.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to complete tasks. Able to work 50+ hour a week when needed.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Metal Shark Boats is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Each employee should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.