To apply, CLICK HERE.
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
* Collaborates with Engineering on desired production tooling and build-plan methodology and gives input/feedback on associated design criteria; analyzes engineering design to determine manufacturability of components and assemblies
* Guide and determine manufacturing processes, tooling methodology, discrete manufacturing operations and associated time standards to be used to produce new parts/assemblies from detail component fabrication thru job-level installation; authors and maintains process plans for shop floor methods/work instructions
* Develops learning curve and actual hour projections for new program production incorporation; analyzes actual performance and makes necessary process improvement recommendations
* Oversee process to create manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM) to break engineering product structure into logical manufacturing methodology and sequence to enable MRP processes for order release, scheduling, and purchased component sourcing activities
* Provides technical guidance to initiate and drive Root Cause / Corrective Action (RCCA) on production issues related to engineering design, material, tooling, specifications and processes
* Analyzes/Interprets engineering drawing, manufacturing operation sequence, tooling function, and process specifications and issues engineering change requests (ECR)
* Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
* Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
* Hands-on knowledge of SolidWorks, Delmia, Tecnomatix (preferred), Creo View and 3DVIA software is a plus
* Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with peers, supervisors, customers and management both externally and internally to the organization.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.