To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
Baton Rouge, LA
Petroleum Service Corporation has an exciting new growth opportunity located in our corporate office in Baton Rouge, LA. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking an accounting role in a family-oriented company that is growing tremendously and backed by a private equity firm. The Accounting Manager will develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information and managing staff. Must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting or Finance.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (some flexibility with hours)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of all processes performed by members of the Billing & Timekeeping Teams and for analysis of KPI’s for revenue.
- Ensures customers are billed accurately and timely, according to Company guidelines and customer contract terms, including compliance with all relevant internal controls and documentation requirements
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the billing & timekeeping teams
- Meets financial standards by providing monthly financial close information and analysis; monitoring billable expenditures; identifying and explaining variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes departmental objectives; evaluates and improves methods; makes required changes
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Assists accounts receivable with resolving invoice disputes
- Manages implementation of billing processes and requirements for new job start ups
- Oversees internal, external and customer audits by ensuring accuracy and timely submission of requested data
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in NetSuite a plus
- Experience in contract labor billing preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Proven leadership and management capability
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Robust problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.