To apply, CLICK HERE.
ADJUNCT INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENTATION INSTRUCTOR
Adjunct Industrial Instrumentation Instructor
Appointed by the Chancellor of the College upon recommendation of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This is an adjunct position and will start at the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester. Instructors may be assigned classes at any of the four River Parishes Community College campuses (Gonzales, Reserve, Plaquemine and St. Charles Locations), as determined by student need and institutional demand. However, we anticipate the chosen applicant will primarily teach at the Reserve location. Teaching needs will include face-to-face day and/or evening classes. Faculty are responsible for timely and accurate submission of required documentation related to human resources and instruction.
Industrial Instrumentation is defined as the study and application of the scientific principles associated with the operation and maintenance of the instrumentation and automation industry. This position will teach courses that are part of the Industrial Instrumentation programs at the College.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a supportive learning environment for a diverse college student population.
Instructors are responsible for planning, teaching and managing student learning in all assigned areas of the programs that align with an approved course of study, state guidelines, program accreditation standards, and advisory committee recommendations. The teaching schedule will be based on college needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The instructor will:
• Effectively deliver, develop, revise, and teach classroom, lab and online curriculum in a team-oriented setting;
• Develop, plan, implement, and revise new and existing courses, curriculum, and lesson plans as needed;
• Apply necessary components of math, human relations, communications, and cultural competence as embedded soft skills in the technical curriculum;
• Develop and maintain appropriate lab equipment and environment for training;
• Develop and implement measures of program outcomes and effectiveness;
• Keep current with industrial practices and technology;
• Work with local industry representatives;
• Consult with other College faculty and staff on issues relevant to student success.
In addition, responsibilities will include:
• Developing, planning, implementing and maintaining the program budget;
• Advising students;
• Participating in program management;
• Participating in student recruitment activities;
• Monitoring and documenting student performance;
• Working with the program advisory committee;
• Managing and requisition of instructional records, supplies, materials, and equipment;
• Working with industry representatives, program advisory committee, and employers to facilitate job and internship opportunities;
• Participating in campus events;
• Participating in continuing professional development;
• Serving on campus-wide committees;
• Holding office hours;
• Demonstrating a strong commitment to the River Parishes Community College Mission; contribute to college-wide goals and activities;
• Perform other program responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately related field
- OR Associate’s degree in Instrumentation Technology or an appropriately related field AND five years of full-time experience in the processing industry
- OR seven years full-time experience in the processing industry;
o Current knowledge of various instrumentation systems and practices;
o Current knowledge of industrial safety rules;
o Computer skills and use of internet;
o Strong oral and written communication skills;
o Ability to work with diverse student populations
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 19, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is located.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please attach a resume, transcripts and a list of three references. The top applicant will be asked to provide original transcripts. *In the ZipRecruiter system, it is likely that you will need to save these requested items for a complete application in one document for submission.
River Parishes Community College is an open admission institution that partners with the communities and businesses of the river parishes region of Louisiana to provide workforce training, certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
Please visit our website for more information: www.rpcc.edu
River Parishes Community College is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System, accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons located at 925 W. Edenborne Pkwy, Gonzales, LA 70737 have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Julian Surla - Title IX Coordinator
Shalither Cushenberry - Section 504 Coordinator