To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position TitleAdult Education Para-EducatorPlease Note:A passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.Job Description Summary
WorkReady U grant funded positon to provide support services to promote the success of the WorkReady U
adult education program. The para-educator is the first point-of-contact for Adult Education students and is expected to be helpful, professional and welcoming. The para-educator assists teachers and staff as needed including registering and testing adult education students and tutoring students as needed. Support services
may include answering phones and maintaining student records.
- Maintains student files, student attendance and test results in state data base for multiple SLCCcampuses and maintains student confidentiality at all times
- Assists part time para educators or teachers as needed
- Registers students, administers and scores assigned tests evaluating student learning and maintains proper test security procedures
- Maintains accurate lists of students receiving accommodations at appointed sites by keeping in contact with the ADA Counselor at SLCC Disability Services
- Maintains accurate lists of graduates at appointed sites
- Maintains an inventory of testing supplies and equipment
- Attends faculty and related meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in an educational setting
- Experience as a para educator or related field
- Excellent customer service skills and customer service oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relations with students, parents, and professional staff.
- Ability to successfully complete provided training in instruction in area of specialty.
- Ability to secure student cooperation independent of immediate supervisor
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience in operation of standard school office machines and equipment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office© Professional applications.
Type of PositionUnclassifiedDepartmentAdult EducationSemesterFull-time or Part-time?Full TimeDegree RequiredNon RequiredDegree PreferredSalary$24,960.00Estimated Hours per Week40
Posting Number21-00015Open Date07/23/2020Close Date07/30/2020Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions SummaryIt is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application.Quick Linkhttp://careers.solacc.edu/postings/2324