AIR QUALITY ENGINEER
Providence, a full-service multidiscipline environmental and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented junior to mid-level Air Quality Engineer for its home office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The successful candidate will have the opportunity be involved in air permitting and compliance, air quality dispersion modeling, air quality measurements, and air quality training. This position will require travel and on-site placement at client sites.
- Conduct air emissions calculations
- Conduct state and federal (NSPS, NESHAP, MACT) regulatory applicability analyses for industrial processes
- Conduct air dispersion modeling (AERMOD, etc.)
- Assist with state and federal (NSPS, NESHAP, MACT) regulatory compliance evaluations
- Assist with multiple air quality permitting and compliance projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations
- Prepare major and minor air permit applications (New Source Review, Title V, and state permits)
- Assist with the preparation of annual compliance reports (Title V Semi-Annual Monitoring reports, Annual Compliance Certifications, and emissions inventories).
- Ability and willingness to travel in and around Louisiana and Texas that may include on-site placement 2-5 days per week for extended periods.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability requirements of this position:
- BS or MS in engineering (biological, chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering, or other engineering)
- 2 to 5 years of air quality consulting and permitting experience
- Candidate is expected to have excellent attention to detail and completeness
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Possess the ability to coordinate and work effectively in a team setting
- EI or PE certification preferred
- Experience with conducting air quality dispersion modeling (AERMOD, ISC3, Screen3, etc.), a plus
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The name Providence, by definition, means "making provisions for the future." Our name highlights the emphasis we place on the future and the roads that will take us there. We aim to provide for our clients long into the future, and accordingly, we maintain their best interests as our focus. Providence's professionals value the relationships we develop with our clients, and we think the results of our passion are evident in every deliverable we produce. We offer competitive salaries plus bonuses and excellent benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health and dental plans
- Flexible schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with discretionary profit sharing contributions
Contact: If you are interested in pursuing a career with Providence, please complete our online application at - http://providenceeng.applicantpro.com/jobs/.