To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Description SummaryThis position reports to the Dean of Student Services in fulfillment of the College’s mission and the OCR regulations. Primary responsibilities are: 1) Provide outstanding service to students, colleagues, and the general public; 2) Manage and direct disability students, provide counseling services, including the areas of academic and personal counseling; 3) Provide data and reports to assist the Dean of Student Services.
• Provide outstanding service to students and other internal and external customers.
• Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate Counseling and Disability Services staff.
• Manage support staff day to day operations.
• Coordinate ongoing counseling and disability services staff training.
• Provide EAP counseling model to assist students in resolving personal problems related to student success.
• Provide community resource list (i.e., on website).
• Provide behavior intervention support.
• Provide follow-up consultation with students as needed.
• Serve as Chair of the Behavior Intervention Team. Chair meetings as needed.
• Maintain accurate files (paper, electronic) of sessions with students.
• Continue to develop professional skills and knowledge.
• Work independently or on group projects.
• Develop programs, strategic plan, monitor priorities and document progress towards the Department’s goals.
• Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Develop memorandums of understanding with local services.
• Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
• Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications PreferredExperience Required
Three (3) years of experience working with diverse populations, with an array of disabilities, and a strong understanding of guiding individuals toward future opportunities.
Licensed Professional Counselor certification required.