To apply, CLICK HERE.
This position is responsible for aspects of college-wide enrollment management services to include, but not limited to, student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, events, and enrollment communications. The Assistant Director provides leadership on policies, procedures, and programs in support of institutional enrollment initiatives and the college’s strategic plan.
- Assist in the management of inquiry pools, recruitment, admissions, financial and orientation processes.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Enrollment on the development and implementation of a
- comprehensive admissions management plan.
- Develop and implement effective outreach programs through presentations, college fairs, high school visits, and school tours.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive recruitment and retention plan.
- Supervise enrollment management staff as assigned by Executive Director.
- Oversee departmental customer service.
- Provide enrollment assistance to students and community members.
- Develop and present enrollment data and reports.
- Investigate additional financial assistance options for implementation, as appropriate.
- Assist with the development of various communications to be disseminated to current and future students regarding financial aid programs, including content for the colleges’ website.
- Advise students and community members in matters pertaining to the various federal, state, and local financial assistance programs, attend enrollment events, facilitate trainings, make presentations, and coordinate workshops.
- Direct and assist in maintaining the operation of the Pell Grant program, including the complex exchange of data required for processing Pell data between the colleges, the state financial aid office and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the financial aid information system, including the development of on-going reports and responding to ad hoc requests for statistical data from Federal and State agencies, college administration, faculty and SACS.
- Manage the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) process, including appeal review committee and communications to students.
o Run an automated SAP analysis process, communicate with students who do not meet SAP requirements, and post the SAP status to the students’ account.
o Standardize SAP requirements and monitor when all grades are turned in and ensure that SAP is run and posted to students’ accounts well before the beginning of a new semester.
• Direct all aspects of the college’s student employment including Federal Work-Study, Veteran’s Services Work- Study Programs, and student scholarships.
- Assist students in resolving problems associated with the financial aid application process and aid delivery process.
- Package student financial aid awards and reconcile financial aid accounts.
- Provide sound decisions when professional judgment is required, while maintaining compliance with federal and
- state regulations.
- Perform daily financial aid processing utilizing Banner, EdConnect, VAOnce, COD, IAM files, FAA, NSLDS, and LOSFA.
- Establish relationships with financial aid personnel from community and technical colleges, four-year colleges and universities, and other relevant constituencies.
- Work closely with Business Office personnel in matters pertaining to student financial aid and enrollment projections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Enrollment.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Two years prior experience in a financial aid office or related enrollment services office preferred; comparable experience in a post-secondary, business, or other setting will also be considered. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills required; One year of experience as Assistant Director preferred.
- Reports To: Executive Director of Enrollment
- Fletcher Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this Educational Agency upholds the following policy: Fletcher Technical Community College campuses assure equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, qualified disability, marital status, veteran’s status, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation in its hiring or employment practices or in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Each campus welcomes handicapped individuals and has made buildings accessible to them.
- Title IX Coordinator:
- Director of Human Resources (985)448-7929 or (985)448-7930 1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
- Qualified applicants should submit Resume, Employment Application, and Transcript(s) to:
- Fletcher Technical Community College Human Resources
1407 Highway 311 Schriever, LA 70395
- Application Instructions can also be located at www.fletcher.edu under Employment.