To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this link: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2xkaa5olwxz/c4ai
Baton Rouge, LA
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking an Billing Specialist who thrives on providing excellent customer service and enjoys solving problems. This position will work in our downtown Baton Rouge corporate office in a family-oriented, team environment. The Billing Specialist is responsible for providing financial, administrative, analytical, and clerical services to ensure accuracy and efficiency of billing. This position validates and reconciles timecard uploads, issues invoices, analyses trends, and processes credits.
Work Schedule: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (we offer some flexibility with hours)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Balances invoice edits to billing reports from 3rd party systems such as TRACK, CPay, and Dow's SES system
- Interfaces with Accounts Receivable and site leadership to resolve billing discrepancies
- Performs day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording billing data
- Compiles all required supporting documentation and submits invoices as well as prepares invoice file copies with proper audit support
- Verifies discrepancies and resolves customer billing issues
- Responds in a timely manner to customers and timekeepers for all billing related questions
- Protects billing operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains high level of data processing with minimal error rate
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing departmental billing goals and cross trains with coworkers to provide coverage
- Validates and reconciles timecards and billing amounts to conform to stringent audit requirements
- Provides exceptional customer service to timekeepers and customers with questions or concerns
- Analyzes data versus simply processes data
- Performs tasks, projects, assignments, and initiatives as delegated by Billing Supervisor to meet departmental needs and objectives
- Minimum of 2 years of billing or accounting experience preferred
- Oracle Projects experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with Excel is required
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Willingness to work overtime and holidays when needed
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.