Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/careers.
The GCC Carpenter WS1 works with an experienced GCC Carpenter to safely and efficiently build and set concrete forms
- Accurately reads a tape measure and has basic knowledge of safe operation of a saw and hand tools
- Ability to set and assist with setting forms
- Meets or exceeds project safety, quality, efficiency, and profit goals for work activities
- Works with field manager/team lead to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. The GCC Carpenter WS1 will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry and professional associations
- Serves as a mentor and a coach to other team members. Safely works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). See attached Physical Requirements Inventory.
Education Guidelines: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Experience Guidelines: Entry level experience
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills. Accuracy in reading a tape measure. Good knowledge on how to use a skill saw & hand tools.