Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/careers.
The GCC Carpenter WS 3 works safely on GCC projects to efficiently build and set concrete forms
- Has the skill, knowledge, and ability to read construction blueprints
- Proficient with construction equipment, such as skill saws and hand tools
- Accurately calculates cubic yards of concrete, and concrete pour rates
- Performs total layout from survey points. Meets or exceeds project safety, quality, efficiency, and profit goals for work activities
- Works with field manager/team lead to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. The GCC Carpenter WS 3 will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry and professional associations
- Serves as a mentor and a coach to other team members. The GCC Carpenter WS 3 leads a field crew in the absence of the Field Manager
- Continually coaches and mentors project team members, providing them with the knowledge and confidence to excel and advance in their careers. Safely works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). See attached Physical Requirements Inventory.
Education Guidelines: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Experience Guidelines: 2+ years experience in construction carpentry field.
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills. Accuracy in reading a tape measure. Good knowledge on how to use a skill saw & hand tools. Approved drivers must possess a current, valid US Class E Driver's License.