To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:HGA is seeking Case Managers to support HUD funded Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG_DR) Homeowner projects.
The Case Manager is responsible for assisting the homeowner through each step of the recovery project, from application processing through completion of the construction project. The Case Manager maintains contact with the homeowner, ensures quality customer services are provided, identifies potential roadblocks and assist with resolution of issues causing delays in the timely completion of their construction project or processing of their application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Case Managers responsibilities may include processing, monitoring, tracking and reporting on applications based on established Program requirements. The Case Manager’s role may include tasks associated with determination of grant awards, eligibility, verification of benefits, and other tasks associated with application processing, including quality control reviews.
In addition, Case Manager responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide construction advisory services to homeowners including: Pre- construction meeting; review of construction process; provide sample contracts and closing documents; and process for complaint resolution.
• Conduct advisory meetings for homeowners managing their own construction, providing information on avoiding contractor fraud, professional design and survey services, contractor selection, managing construction projects
• Generate closing documents and schedule closings/acknowledgment of grant award meetings.
• Coordinate with applicants to resolve issues impacting previous and/or future grant disbursements.
• Communicate with the applicants regarding the status of their application, requests for additional information, or problems that may arise in conjunction with the application. Provide online solutions for applicants to view status and progress of their project.
• Process applications in accordance with Program policies, procedures, and business processes.
• Support day-to-day project management activities and other case tasks as directed.
• Duties and responsibilities to be performed will vary based on qualifications.
Qualifications:Case Manager Qualifications:
Case Manager Candidates should possess the qualifications identified below:
1. A four (4) year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. A combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
2. Two or more years of experience in case management or experience providing specialized advisory service, including construction, financial, housing, and/or related industry knowledge. Experience with CDBG housing and/or FEMA hazard mitigation and similar programs/projects is preferred.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, and effective interpersonal skills.
4. Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills; knowledge of creating tables and graphs in Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Hunt, Guillot & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.