To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:HGA is seeking Managers to support HUD funded Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG_DR) Homeowner projects.
The Manager is responsible for leading day-to-day program management activities and providing direct supervision to Case Managers or other staff as directed to support HUD funded Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Homeowner projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Manager must organize and prioritize work to ensure that adequate time and attention is devoted to individual tasks while remaining acutely aware of timelines, meeting deadlines, and performance measures. The Manager should maintain a complete understanding of all applicable Program policies, requirements, and procedures and review all cases within the guidelines established. Manager responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in the planning and implementation of projects.
• Coordinate policy updates with client and project staff.
• Update standard operating procedures.
• Assist in defining project tasks, workflows and resource requirements.
• Assemble and coordinate project staff for specific tasks.
• Manage project resource allocation for assigned tasks.
• Monitor and report on progress of assigned projects and tasks.
• Track and project deliverables using appropriate tools and provide reporting.
• Ensure project is operating within quality assurance guidelines.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
• Provide limited direction and support to project team.
• Coordinate with the internal team on current and upcoming tasks to ensure schedule and budget are maintained.
• Provide training and technical support to project staff.
• Support day-to-day program management activities and other tasks as directed.
• Duties and responsibilities to be performed will vary based on qualifications.
Qualifications:Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to persuade, encourage, and motivate subordinates and others project team members.
• Ability to manage time and resources efficiently.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Capability to conduct research into project-related issues and products.
• Knowledge and skills in Federal grant provisions and requirements.
• Knowledge of procurement, labor compliance, environmental requirements.
• Knowledge of Section 3, Section 504, real estate acquisition.
• Knowledge of citizen participation, fair housing, and residential anti-displacement.
• Knowledge of EEO, financial management, and record keeping.
• Excellent typing skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to react promptly and efficiently to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of sources including team members, subcontractors, and other departments.
• Ability to bring projects and tasks to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
• Capability and willingness to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Manager Candidates should possess the qualifications identified below:
• A four (4) year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. A combination of education and relevant experience may also be considered.
• At least five (5) years of professional level project/program management experience.
• Three (3) years’ experience in hazard mitigation, housing, community development, economic development or related fields. Experience with CDBG-DR housing or similar programs/projects is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, and effective interpersonal skills.
• Advanced level Microsoft Office skills; ability to import, create formulas, pivot tables, export data and run reports in Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn new software applications.