To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Holden, LA lumber manufacturing facility is looking for skilled Continuous Drying Kiln Operator/Forklift Operator with a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of large forklift operation and the ability to ensure quality lumber drying. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, motivated to work, and work as a team member. The hourly rate of pay for this position is $20.62.
- Operate large forklift to move pack of green lumber from the sawmill, correctly stack the lumber on kiln carts for drying, breakdown carts of dried lumber and place packs of dried lumber onto the track system to feed the lumber to the planer mill.
- Operate and maintain CDK kilns (troubleshooting, ID parts, instrument calibration, maintenance, and PMs) to ensure quality dried lumber, including cleaning of the kilns and maintaining housekeeping standards in the area.
- Manage lumber rotation (green and dry) and follow QC guidelines (track/file control charts, audits, etc.) for drying lumber.
- Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating a large forklift in a production environment.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills. (Strong Excel skills)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good decision making skills.
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections, perform basic preventive maintenance and assist maintenance in troubleshooting/improving
Must be able to do basic math, read dials, and insert data into spreadsheet.
- Must be willing to work a 12-hour, rotating/variable shift.
- Must be able and willing to work with little or no notice on any shift, including weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment.
- Must be able to meet the essential job function of this position, including but not limited to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from heights, and work in tight spaces.
- Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Resume detailing your education and work history required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous experience drying lumber
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.