To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this link: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2xkaa5olwxz/c4ai
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a dedicated and focused Chemical Loader to join our team at a petrochemical plant in Plaquemine, La. The Loader is responsible for the safe and efficient loading and unloading of railcars and tank trucks with a variety of products and chemicals.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well and keep them safe. We know that our overall success is a combined effort and we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive!
Experience is a plus, but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a full-time position with potential advancement opportunities.
Work Schedule: Rotating 12 hour shift work schedule (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Pay Range: $19.00 / hr. - $23.00 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that truck / railcar is positioned and secured properly at the loading rack and checks for last product contained.
- Visually inspects the truck / railcar before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound and has no defective equipment.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Connects loading arm / hose and transfers according to procedures using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Checks weight before and after product transfer and ensures that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
- Communicates with site leader / supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnects loading arm / hose, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the truck / railcar.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions, which at time includes extreme hear or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting