To apply, CLICK HERE.
Laitram Machine Shop, L.L.C. has a position available for a CNC Machinist in our Mill department. This individual will be responsible for all duties involved with the setup of equipment and the machining of a variety of materials to produce parts that meet dimensional and workmanship standards.
Laitram Machine Shop, provides high-value machining and related services to the Laitram divisions and select outside customers. Laitram Machine Shop is one of four operating divisions of Laitram, L.L.C. and offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Load stock into work holding devices and monitors the machining process.
- Make necessary adjustments to machine code, work holding, and tooling to maintain nominal print dimensions and required surface finishes.
- Performs visual and physical inspection of parts produced per Laitram Machine Shop Quality Management System.
- Performs accurate transactions (clock on, clock off, entering quantities, closing out operation when done, filling in appropriate paperwork).
- Cleans equipment used and keeps work area clean/organized.
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years minimum experience setting up CNC milling equipment
- Has own inspection tools (OD, ID and depth micrometers, calipers, hand tools)
- Proficient using inspection tooling (i.e., micrometers, calipers, gauges) to accurately measure part features.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Math skills. Fluent with trigonometry and geometry a plus.
- Is a self-managed individual able to work well individually or in a team environment.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Is flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job Description for this position, including the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of G and M codes
- Experience using CAM software.
- Experience with manual and automated CMM’s
- Experience with GD&T