To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Construction Superintendent is a 17-20 month contract position working on a housing development and commercial construction project in the Shreveport, LA area.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for oversight of all field/job site operations for construction project(s) including scheduling, safety, and quality control from start-up through closeout.
Construction Superintendent Job Requirements:
The following attributes are desirable for job success: good time management skills, ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, ability to multitask, organizational skills, ability to work well under pressure, possess self-motivation and direction, ability to work with little guidance.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate/schedule subcontractors and material procurement based on construction schedule and project needs
- Monitor work of subcontractors to perform quality control in accordance with project requirements
- Regular photographs to include, but not limited to progress photos, significant milestones, rough-in, and any damage to the site
- Ensure all subcontractors are working from current plans
- Conduct bi-weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
- Report regularly to Project Manager including, but not limited to progress updates, potential schedule delays, and issues unable to be resolved in the field
- Review monthly subcontractor pay applications with Project Manager
- Act as Safety Manager in accordance with OSHA Guidelines
- Regular jobsite cleanup and holding subcontractors responsible for cleanup
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and/or designee.
Qualifications:CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Construction Management, Engineering, or related curriculum or 5+ years of related construction work experience.
- Working knowledge of project planning and scheduling for all construction trades.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and other applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and interpreting construction schedules.
- Ability to work in a professional, courteous, cooperative, tactful, and patient manner.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and flexibility to adjust work priorities, as necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and retention skills required.
- Ability to maintain reliable transportation, a current and valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
- Candidates should be located within daily commuting distance of Shreveport, LA.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to effectively speak, hear, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use hands to handle, grasps, push, pull, and manipulate tools, machinery, and other objects.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, climb stairs, reach, and work at, above, or below shoulder level.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and work above ground level.
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus and have both close and color vision.
- Ability to work outside in high temperatures and humidity in the summer and in cold temperatures in the winter.
- Exposure to mechanical and electrical equipment, paint, and cleaning fumes.
- Noise level is typically moderate to loud.