Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/jobs
The GCC Craftsperson WS1 safely works alone or with part of a crew/team to install material and has a basic understanding of equipment on construction projects
- The GCC Craftsperson has a basic understanding of work processes and uses that knowledge to work efficiently. The Craftsperson WS1 will safety perform various routine tasks such as picking up debris at construction site, lifting and carrying materials, removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints with asphalt, placing culvert sections in trench, assembling sections of pipeline ,and operating the sweeper. Meets and/or exceeds project safety, quality, efficiency, and profit goals for work activities
- Works with field manager/team lead to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. The GCC Craftsperson will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry and professional associations
- Serves as a mentor and a coach to other team members. Safely works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). See attached Physical Requirements Inventory.
Education Guidelines: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Experience Guidelines: Entry level construction experience
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skill