To apply, CLICK HERE.
Laitram Machinery is seeking a highly motivated and self-managed person to serve as the Crating/Shipping Clerk in its Material Management Department. This position ensures that customer orders are packaged securely, accurately, and shipped on-time.
- Communicates with the Traffic Coordinator and Material Handlers to monitor shipping schedules
- Verify every shipment has all required parts and in the correct quantities
- Communicate backlogged parts orders to Traffic Coordinator
- Process UPS shipments and print/apply appropriate shipping labels
- Provide weights and dimensions on freight shipments to the Traffic Coordinator, and label all packages appropriately prior to shipment
- Operate forklift and overhead crane and use both to load freight shipments onto carrier trucks
- Provide shipping quotes to Customer Service (weights, dimensions, number of packages, etc.)
- Serve as back-up for Receiving Clerk as required
- Assist in loading and unloading of parts, equipment, etc.
- Design and build custom-sized crates as needed
- Organize storage of crating/boxing materials (especially used roller crates -- making sure crates are stored to stay in good condition, scrapping old crates, keeping storage area neat)
- Maintain adequate supply of on-hand supply of shipping materials (wood, cardboard, pre-fab crates/boxes, packing material, etc.)
- Assist Assembly Team with preparing equipment for shipment
- Follow documented work procedures for preparing shipments
- Pull parts from Inventory Cage when necessary
- Keep work area clean, safe, and orderly
- Capable of becoming proficient at building wooden crates
- Capable of passing Laitram Forklift Training certification.
- Capable of becoming proficient with software we use (MAPICS, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job Description for this position, including the ability to lift 75 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Self-managed; team player.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work overtime/Saturday’s when needed
- Experience in shipping/receiving
- Experience in carpentry for building custom size crates
- Forklift experience
- Overhead Crane experience
- Experience with computer software (MAPICS, Sharepoint, etc.)