To apply, CLICK HERE.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
Position Location: Academic Affairs
Reporting Responsibility: Reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs through the academic administrative chain of command
Faculty Rank: The Dean will be appointed at the rank he or she has earned through employment at a public institution of higher education within Louisiana, or at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor (commensurate with teaching experience).
Position: The position of Dean is a 12-month position, primarily administrative in nature, but may require the incumbent to carry a teaching load as situations dictate; therefore, candidates must possess appropriate credentials for teaching within one or more programs taught at the College.
Minimum Requirements: The Dean must posses, at minimum, the credentials required to teach his or her discipline at the level of certificate or degree Nunez is accredited to award. An earned graduate degree is preferred. He or she must possess significant teaching experience in higher education, knowledge of community and/or technical colleges, and some management or administrative experience.
Desired qualifications: A graduate degree within a Nunez discipline and five years of full-time teaching experience within a community or technical college. Significant industry/business experience. Experience in developing and implementing curriculum and industry related programs
The Dean of Career and Technical Education is responsible for the general administration of the operations, procedures and plans governing career and technical programs. The Dean is responsible for the general management of the programs, including course scheduling, programmatic advising, faculty supervision, assuring compliance with assessment and accreditation requirements and making recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Chancellor regarding programmatic, and curricular changes to the Career and Technical Education programs. He or she is responsible for the formulation of overall objectives, policies and plans where such objectives, policies and plans affect the respective division.
Within the limits of authorized College and System policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Dean is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties of his/her office:
- Directs the staff in establishing goals and objectives.
- Manages the programs in such a way that course and program consistency is maintained, including Student Learning Outcomes through ongoing assessment and that assessment data is used ongoing and used in program improvement.
- Assures that the programs are up-to-date through adequate use of instructional material along with effective and innovative instructional techniques.
- Provides the budget needs to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Directs and maintains a sound budget.
- Approves purchase orders, travel, and development expenses.
- Recommends the appointment, promotion, retirement or release of faculty and staff members to the VCAA.
- Assists the VCAA in programs that will provide leadership in recruiting and maintaining of competent staff members.
- Supports and promotes faculty development.
- Approves degree audits, transfer credits, courses waived, and makes other decisions regarding student academic records, unless otherwise delegated to alternate authorities.
- Coordinates the operation and policies of career and technical education with other areas of the College.
- Pursues grants and industry partnership opportunities and encourages faculty to do the same.
- With program managers and faculty, determines course offerings and assigns course instructors.
- Delegates responsibilities to other staff members in career and technical education.
- Assures implementation of College safety standards for career and technical education.
- Supports program managers in developing a program for the proper inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Evaluates career and technical faculty at least annually.
- Supports cooperative relationship with non-credit and Workforce program offerings for career and technical education programs.
- Works with faculty and administrative staff to facilitate active relationships with business and industry leaders, including program advisory boards.
- Reviews and leads initiatives in accreditation opportunities and requirements for individual career and technical programs and as a part of college or division wide accreditation.
- Executes other general responsibilities common to all management positions that are not specified above.
- Other duties as assigned by the VCAA, Executive Administration, and the Chancellor.
Personnel under Immediate Supervision: All faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff members of the Division.
The Dean of Career and Technical Education is accountable to the VCAA for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of functions and responsibilities and in the exercise of authority. The Dean promotes effective communications between other Deans, Department heads and their staffs and the area program staff so that the staff is aware of pertinent courses and programs in other areas and that other areas are aware of the courses and programs within the unit.
The Dean conducts such relationships with students in general and with the various student organizations that are necessary or desirable while being in the best interest of the College.
Measurement of Performance:
The performance of the Dean of the Division will be measured by the Dean's leadership effectiveness and by how the Dean implements policies, plans and programs to achieve sound organizational relationships within the Division and by the Dean's teaching effectiveness. The VCAA will be responsible for conducting this evaluation.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three professional reference contact information to:
Office of Human Resources
Nunez Community College
By mail: 3710 Paris Rd. Chalmette, LA 70043
By email (preferred): email@example.com (Put Dean CTE in subject line)
By fax: 504-278-6489
ADA & EOE