To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
St. James, LA
Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for individuals to work as a deckhand in the St. James area. The primary responsibility of a deckhand is to properly secure barges to the fleet boat and dock by handling mooring lines and wires in most weather conditions. The deckhand is also responsible for monitoring barges in the fleet, completing daily housekeeping on the boat, and assisting with maintenance projects on the boat.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well and keep them safe. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive!
Work Schedule: 14 and 7 (7 days, 7 nights, 7 off)
Pay Range: N/A
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries all safety equipment from vehicle to facility assuring that all equipment necessary to complete the daily job tasks will be close at hand.
- Meets with the vessel person-in-charge to determine daily expectations in order to accomplish tasks of maintaining the boat and coordinating the logistics of the fleet in a safe and uninterrupted manner.
- In most weather conditions, performs work duties in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Wears and uses proper PPE, including a respirator when needed, to perform daily duties as required and/or directed by the person in charge.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds to waist and carry up to 300 feet
- Grip/hold/pull 80 pounds
- Walk one to four miles per job
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Step as much as two feet horizontal and vertical
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- Be comfortable around water and heights
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.