Apply here: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2xkaa5y1ieg?jobtitle=&js_52916=LA&js_209074=&js_103237=&apply_filters=1/c4ai
Diesel Locomotive Mechanic
Baton Rouge, LA
Are you someone who is mechanically inclined, enjoys trouble-shooting, and has working knowledge of diesel engines? If so, consider a career with our Locomotive Repair group. Recent Diesel, Electrical, Technical, or Mechanical Trade school graduates are encouraged to apply!
As a Petroleum Service Corporation full-time employee, we provide a competitive benefits package along with the opportunity to join a family-oriented team. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (Must be available for flexible hours with periodic weekends, overtime, and overnight travel as operational needs require.)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance by inspecting and maintaining all equipment to a safe and reliable condition
- Works with technicians to coordinate, schedule, and perform routine maintenance inspections on track mobiles/shuttle wagons and UTV’s
- Trouble shoot all equipment to identify problems and help determine what repairs are needed
- Utilizes electronic work order system to log parts used and document work performed. Also work with local parts vendors to coordinate parts/material deliveries
- Safely and efficiently operates forklift in warehouse
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working around high voltage and rotating equipment.
- Assists with any other tasks as needed
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience working on diesel engines and UTV’s (side by sides)
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge / understanding of diesel and gasoline engines
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.