To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
Diesel Service Mechanic
Baton Rouge, LA
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a dedicated Diesel Service Mechanic to bring excellent leadership qualities and mechanical abilities to our team at a petrochemical plant in Baton Rouge, LA. The role of Diesel Service Mechanic is to serve as the person responsible for maintaining and repairing all mobile railcar movers, UTV/carts or other equipment on site. Ensuring all equipment meets or exceeds operational standards by providing routine and non-routine maintenance. This is a full-time position with potential advancement opportunities.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well and keep them safe. We know that our overall success is a combined effort and we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive!
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 6:00 AM TO 4:00 PM (hours may vary)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with OE manufacturer specification.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Manage material inventory (fluids, filters, parts, supplies, etc…)
- Order parts/materials/supplies from dedicated vendors
- Maintain preventative maintenance program for all PSC owned equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all PSC owned equipment
- Perform non-routine maintenance on damaged or defective equipment to return it to operational standards
- Coordinate with equipment manufacturer for warranty related repairs/service
- Track repairs through maintenance program
- Provide accurate and legible repair documentation for records
- Provide itemized receipts for parts
- Perform electrical repairs/troubleshooting on equipment in shop or field
- Perform hydraulic system repairs/troubleshooting on equipment in shop of field
- Perform wheels & tires changes on equipment in shop or field
- Diesel mechanic experience in the petrochemical logistics industry
- Exceptional communication skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate information with vendors
- Great organizational skills and excellent team player attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Safety incentives and bonuses
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.