To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position TitleDirector of Academic Advising & SuccessPlease Note:A passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.Job Description Summary
As a member of the student services leadership team the Director of Academic Advising and Academic Success will be responsible for integration, coordination and fostering student outcomes. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination and implementation programs and services to promote student retention, persistence, and graduation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide leadership and strategic guidance that ensures coordination, implementation and assessment of academic advising goals and objectives. This requires working collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to help provide a student-centered environment which promotes student success, retention, and college completion utilizing tools such as intrusive advising, mentoring and support services for students.
• Supervise, train, support, and evaluate a team of academic advisors, Assistant Director for Academic Success, and administrative coordinator. This includes managing employee behaviors and expectations utilizing the standards of practice, time and attendance in Banner and management of departmental leave request. In addition, the director must support the administrative coordinator in selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of student employees, as applicable.
• Responsible for the coordination, implementation and delivery of student success live (open registration) series which requires close collaboration with departmental leaders of admissions, financial aid, registrar, and student account’s offices.
• Provide continuous policy and procedure updates which impact academic advising and support services to departmental staff, divisional staff, faculty, students, and administrators and any other office responsible for the delivery of support services to students utilizing professional development trainings. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for coordination of the lead advisor training series in conjunction with academic affairs.
• Develop and disseminate printed and web content regarding registration policies and procedures, degree requirements, graduation, cross-enrollment, and other enrollment-related initiatives.
• Develop and assist with programs and projects related to student success, persistence, retention, and graduation. This includes fostering relationships within the Center for Minority Excellence to promote academic support services, including tutoring, supplemental instruction and academic coaching.
• Refer students to appropriate campus resources which may positively impact student performance, including disability services, center for minority excellence, financial aid, career and transfer services, financial aid, library, student accounts/cashier, registrar, student engagement, student success, and testing services.
• Lead team meetings and actively contribute to divisional meetings, convocation, and strategic planning initiatives.
• Travel to rural campuses to support recruitment, advising, and registration initiatives
• Prepare and maintain departmental budget.
• Utilize data to craft departmental reports, program reviews, and informed decision making.
• Ensure confidentiality of information in compliance with applicable Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 regulations, as amended is maintained in the department.
• Demonstrate predictable and reliable attendance in order to provide consistency and continuity of department services.
• Provide outstanding customer services to all internal and external customers.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Experience working with diverse populations and a strong understanding of guiding individuals towards future opportunities desired. Leadership and supervisory experience at a post-secondary institution in student affairs/services desired. Excellent customer service skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population. Program management skills, preferably with creativity, innovation, and initiative to deliver emerging and cutting-edge academic advising.
Minimum of five (5) years of academic advising experience is required.
Type of PositionUnclassifiedDepartmentAcademic Affairs DeptSemesterFull-time or Part-time?Full TimeDegree RequiredMastersDegree PreferredSalary$55,239.00 +Estimated Hours per Week40
Posting Number21-00019Open Date07/29/2020Close Date08/05/2020Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions SummaryIt is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Attached transcript must show degree conferred/awarded.