The Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) is now taking applications for an eLearning Solutions Architect for the LED FastStart Initiative.
LED FastStart, Louisiana Economic Development’s single-source, workforce solutions provider is building a world-class team to support Louisiana’s workforce for new and expanding companies. Our primary focus is to assist companies in selection and training. We work with each company and develop and deliver customized training programs for their processes. We are in partnership with the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) and Louisiana Workforce commission (LWC). Our curriculum will be delivered during pre and post-employment and enable the company to launch a new operation or to expand an existing operation. Our commitment to our customers is 24/7 responsiveness through value added training materials and programs.
The eLearning Solutions Architect will be responsible for the governance, continuous operation and support, and administration of the internal Learning Management System (LMS). Maintaining an overall responsibility to deliver and administer enterprise-wide learning and training programs, manage the configuration and on-going maintenance of the LMS platform, and provide technical leadership and expertise to establish and maintain LMS operational standards. Must be able to deliver technology-enabled learning solutions across the organization, the eLearning Solutions Architect is responsible for establishing enterprise-wide standards and policies and procedures for content and vendor management.
This role also serves as the connection to technical support for: company LMS learning administrators/training specialists, users, content creators, content owners and vendors. Must also be knowledgeable of server configuration and security protocols. Additionally, the eLearning Solutions Architect must be well versed in immersive technology platforms, including VR and AR technologies. It is highly desired that candidates possess an investigative nature to apply new principles to immersive technology approaches, including AR, VR and simulation technology experience, such as, Microsoft HoloLens, Magic Leap, Spark, Oculus, Steam, HTC Vive, etc. Experience in developing, maintaining and troubleshooting LMS platform infrastructures while applying access controls and security measures is vital. Must be able to troubleshoot with clients on LMS or immersive technology issues.
Excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced environment is strongly preferred.
LED FastStart training programs are offered to client companies on a 24/7 basis. The eLearning Solutions Architect may be required to travel throughout Louisiana and occasionally travel outside of Louisiana and the United States.
This position will be domiciled in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Create, maintain and update system-related standards, policies and procedures, access, controls and instructions for LMS
- Define and uphold standards regarding: module content, cataloging, naming conventions, formatting and revisions for uploads into system
- Manage new content uploads, system upgrades and technical releases; manage client module testing and troubleshooting
- Install and monitor adequate security to online learning library, file sharing sites and server communications
- Manage dedicated server and internet connections for LMS
- Maintain LMS user interface
- Establish appropriate metrics, monitor usage and performance, and create
- effective reports for LMS
- Work with eLearning and Creative Solutions teams on technology for LMS,
- simulations, interactive tools and other learning environments
- Advise on new technology, software, plugins and API for functionality
- Collaborate with team on immersive technology platforms: including integration,
- maintenance and troubleshooting. VR and AR technology experience is highly
- Assist eLearning Manager with establishing parameters for new training
- Provide support on additional special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as, Computer Science, Educational Technology, Systems Administration or Network Administration and minimum of five years’ experience in LMS or training database administration.
- Must understand governance with LMS and have experience with SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and AICC regulations/compliance.
- Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate activities to ensure timely delivery of work production
- Ability to travel and drive own or other vehicle to various locations as needed
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds on an as needed basis
- Additional Requirements:
- Proof of Education
- A valid Louisiana Driver’s License
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
- In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6.036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
- Compensation will be commensurate with education and work experience.
Applicants for this position should submit:
1) A cover letter
2) A resume (to include date(s) of employment and date(s) educational degrees obtained) 3) The names and contact information of three work-related references
4) Official transcript(s)
Human Resources Specialist
Louisiana Community and Technical College System, 265 S. Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
via e-mail to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart and Louisiana Job Connection.
Louisiana Community and Technical College System is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.