To apply, CLICK HERE.
Intralox LLC, a division of Laitram LLC, has a position available for an Engineering Technician who will work in our New Orleans office to support our new product development team in the creation of innovative, high-value solutions for challenging real-world problems.
Intralox is a division of Laitram, L.L.C., with an extensive portfolio of innovative products and services that improve lives and optimize business worldwide each day. Intralox’s conveyance solutions enhance food safety, power e-commerce, and solve challenges for industries from automotive to industrial manufacturing to consumer goods.
Together, our 3,000+ global employees are reliable problem solvers, continuously developing and directly delivering solutions that have driven our customers’ growth worldwide for more than 45 years. We consistently and sustainably work together to create long-term value by continuously improving products, services, and processes for our customers. Our award-winning customer service team provides comprehensive support and access to technical experts to deliver fast, reliable solutions.
Intralox was founded upon the principle of doing the right thing, by treating customers, employees, and suppliers with honesty, fairness, and respect. We aim as a company to practice these principles every day, which is why we have been consistently recognized for innovation and workplace excellence.
We listen objectively, think creatively, and deliver results. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Fabricate and assemble new test equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair existing test equipment
- Assist with test equipment design
- Conduct tests and document results
- Build and test prototype belt designs
- New product performance and application testing for productions qualifications
- Material property testing
- Compile results into clear technical reports for engineering review
- Utilize data collected and technical background to contribute ideas and make recommendations to improve products and/or tests conducted
- Maintain and coordinate usage of shop and test areas
- Shop safety and organization is a priority
- Provide shop safety training (saws, drill press, belt sander, etc.)
- Provide training on the operation of test equipment as needed
- Courier to and from shipping and assembly
- Self-managed, able to work well and manage assigned priorities without supervision
- Sense of ownership and pride in one’s work and contribution to the team
- Excellent mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Machine design or related trade experience (e.g. auto mechanic, electrician, welder, machine maintenance, carpentry, machinist, etc.)
- Computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office applications)
- Experience with hand tools and power tools
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time - customers site visits, training, installations, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely, and be able to work some outside
- Must have an understanding of safe work practices, proper handling of tools, electricity, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical education background (e.g. Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology or Engineering Technology) would be preferred
- Machining / Fabrication experience (mill and lathe) and/or welding capability would be preferred
- CAD (computer-aided design) experience would be preferred
- Familiarity with PLCs/VFDs would be preferred