To apply, CLICK HERE.
Laitram Machinery, Inc. has a position available for an entry level Sheet Metal Fabricator. This individual will be responsible for helping in all areas related to sheet metal fabricating.
For over 70 years, Laitram Machinery has pioneered the manufacturing of high-performance shrimp-peeling equipment, and more recently, steam cookers, blanchers, nut pasteurizers, roasters, and sorters. All of our products are designed to increase efficiency, improve product quality and yield for processors worldwide. Laitram Machinery is one of four operating divisions of Laitram, L.L.C. and offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Assist in all areas of fabricating on shop floor (Deburr, weld cleaning, material handling, etc.)
- QC at the source / check your work before moving on to next routing
- Use computer software to perform transactions and capture labor to each job
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Be able to identify and use basic hand tools
- Self –managed; Team player
- Must be able to follow instructions and pay attention to detail
- Have a passion for doing a job well
- Basic Math Skills and ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Able to work overtime/ some travel may be required
- Willing to cross train in other work centers as needed
- Capability of learning manufacturing software being used on shop floor
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job Description for this position, including the ability to lift and move 50 lbs
- Prior experience in a Fabrication environment
- Experience in some trade – mechanic, fabrication work, carpentry, machine tools, etc.
- Experience deburring
- Experience working a plate straightener