To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position TitleFull Time Faculty: Registered Nursing InstructorPlease Note:A passing pre-employment background and drug screen is required as a condition of employment.Job Description Summary
• Instruct students in assigned courses in accordance with college policy and procedure
• Use effective teaching strategies and technologies to meet the diverse learning needs of students
• Notify department chair, or dean of absence in a timely manner
• Maintain accurate grade and attendance records for students enrolled in classes
• Submit grades, attendance, and other required reports by established deadlines
• Develop and revise curriculum to maintain current offerings
• Discuss with counselors and other appropriate personnel any problems of students, which may require special attention. Provide records as needed
• Advise students and/or perform special assigned duties related to registration
• May serve as faculty advisor to student organizations and interact with students outside the classroom environment via extracurricular activities
• Assess learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results in course planning
• Serve on college-wide committees
• Attend all departmental, division, and general faculty and staff meetings
• Attend college convocations and participate in graduation exercises (attired in appropriate academic regalia)
• Request supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment requisite to successful teaching or assigned classes.
• Incorporate the use of the library into courses; use writing as an instructional method; and utilize computing and other academic technologies in courses when possible
• Engage in continual professional development activities
• Meet all scheduled classes and conference hours
• Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours per week
• Promote diversity in the classroom
• Adhere to professional standards of conduct
• Represent the college in the community
• Participate in the evaluation process (i.e. student evaluation of faculty and administrative evaluation of faculty)
• May participate in the development of proposals for obtaining grant funds to support departmental and college-related activities
• Ability to plan and prepare course content and curriculum, utilizing assessment and effective methodologies of instruction for the enhancement of learning.
• Maintain expertise in field of study and teaching pedagogy by attending seminars, workshops and classes for self-improvement and/or professional enhancement
• Maintain active participation in professional organizations as appropriate
• Participate in enrollment management activities and sharing of professional expertise with colleagues and students beyond the classroom.
• Support student activities include course and career guidance to students, mentor, graduation, and foster a love of learning.
• Assist in the development of departmental course schedule
• Submit required forms and papers to Registrar’s Office within specified timeframe.
• Maintain appropriate records of student performance.
• Demonstrate procedures in nursing skills laboratory, supervise student demonstrations and evaluate student performances in simulation lab, skills lab, and clinical.
ntegrate theory with planned clinical performance.
• Orientate students to the clinical site and communicate clinical objectives to the student and the staff.
• Assign, guide, supervise, and evaluate student’s performance in giving care to selected patient(s)/resident(s).
• Write anecdotal progress notes, and clinical evaluations of student performance.
• Participate in selection of students as a member of the admissions committee as assigned or appointed.
• Ensures College compliance with regulatory boards including licensure and accreditation.
• Other duties as assigned.
In addition to qualifications listed, faculty must be committed to:
• Delivering quality-learning experiences to students
• Using alternative educational delivery systems and instructional techniques
• Incorporating library, computers, technology, writing and a culturally diverse perspective
• Continuous assessment of the teaching-learning process and its outcomes
• Continuous professional growth and development
-Experience in curriculum design
-Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary setting
• Master’s Degree Required
• Unrestricted Louisiana licensure as RN (must be approved by LSBN) to practice as a registered nurse
• Graduate of an accredited institution
• Two years of nursing experience in a clinical setting.
Type of PositionFaculty DepartmentNursing, Allied Health and SafetySemesterFull-time or Part-time?Full TimeDegree RequiredMastersDegree PreferredSalary$66,000.00Estimated Hours per Week40
Posting Number21-00022Open Date08/13/2020Close Date08/20/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions SummaryIt is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Attached Transcript must show degree conferred/awarded.Quick Linkhttp://careers.solacc.edu/postings/2342