To apply, CLICK HERE.
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Health & Natural Sciences
Vacancy Announcement for Instructor in Nursing
PRIMARY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
Nursing faculty members are responsible to the Dean of Academic Affairs and to the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs. They assist and support the Coordinator of Nursing in carrying out the Program in Practical Nursing.
Provides students with instruction of the highest standards, evaluate student progress, assist in preparation of syllabi, assist in activities furthering the work of the institution, communicate necessary information to students, provide academic advice to students as needed and serve on standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
An unencumbered license as a registered nurse eligible to practice in the state of Louisiana
A nurse instructor shall be a registered nurse with a minimum of three years of nursing experience. At least one of these three years must have been as a medical-surgical hospital staff nurse providing direct patient care. An applicant for nurse instructor must have practiced as a nurse for a minimum of six full-time months during the three years immediately preceding application
Applicant approval by the Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners will be required to confirm eligibility prior to hire.
- Provide competent instruction in the clinical and theoretical areas of nursing.
- Maintain high standards and promote excellence in education.
- Participate in and contribute to the team-teaching of classroom and clinical courses and model team-enhancing behavior for students.
- Serve as a role model for students in professional interaction with other health workers and with clinical facilities.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area hospitals, clinics, businesses, industries, and agencies.
- Assist the Coordinator of Nursing in scheduling and confirming use of clinical sites.
- Assist the Coordinator of Nursing in scheduling curriculum content and classroom scheduling.
- Maintain relationships with clinical sites and professional peers that support the reputation of the College and the Practical Nursing Program.
- Continue as competent faculty in nursing by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work, in meeting classes, and in keeping office hours.
- Collect, record, maintain, and submit accurate class records including grades, absences, withdrawal and/or class drop information to appropriate offices.
- Maintain attendance records for clinical groups and for classes taught and turn these records into the pision office promptly.
- Provide advice to the Nursing Coordinator and the Dean of Academic Affairs on matters pertaining to the instructional program.
- Serve on pision, College and Nursing Staff committees as needed.
- Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to institutional, pisional, departmental, and inpidual criteria.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials such as those used in academic administration when requested, including course syllabi, program outlines, articulation, and Catalog materials.
- Participate in scheduled in-service activities.
- Promote student development through enrichment and mentoring experiences.
- Serve as academic advisors and mentors.
- Become familiar with institutional policies and procedures as outlined in the College Catalog and the Faculty Handbook and follow such policies and procedures.
- Assist in the review and assessment of student learning in the Nursing program.
- Perform any other professional duties as assigned by the Dean of Academic Affairs, Vice Chancellor for Academic & Student Affairs, and/or the Chancellor of the College
Salary: $42,000 for 9-month academic year. Summer semester contracts are additional.
To apply, send cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references
Office of Human Resources
Nunez Community College
By fax: 504-278-6489
By mail: 3710 Paris Rd. Chalmette, LA 70043
By email (preferred): email@example.com (Put the title of position applied for in subject line)
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. This announcement is open until the position is filled.
ADA & EOE