To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Grant Specialist is a direct-hire position working for HGA in our Baton Rouge, LA office.
The Grant Specialist will provide support on all Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) projects, particularly pertaining to receiving, logging, processing and tracking invoices and payments, in compliance with federal policies and procedures. Efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail a must for this position, as well as organization skills and “team player” attitude.
Grant Specialist Responsibilities:
• Process incoming invoices/expenses for Federal grant projects
• Log invoices/expenses into project database with accuracy, maintain up-to-date data for reporting to project team and client
• Create, log, and track reimbursement requests in State grant portal
• Troubleshoot any State findings or requests for information/documentation regarding payments/expenses
• Upload documentation into State grant portal
• Justify/reconcile project budgets
• Provide other support to project team where needed, this can include, but is not limited to: completing project quarterly reports, participating in budget/status meetings to provide feedback to clients, building and maintaining project files, assisting with project applications and/or closeout.
Qualifications:Grant Specialist Requirements:
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is preferred, two years relevant work experience accepted in lieu of formal education
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles is required
• Prior experience with Federal grant projects and State grant portal usage is desired
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along with an aptitude for numbers
• Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets
• Proficiency with MS Office software
• Candidates should be from the Baton Rouge area to be considered