To apply, CLICK HERE.
Hazard Mitigation Financial Specialist
The Hazard Mitigation Financial Specialist will work for HGA in Baton Rouge, LA or San Juan, Puerto Rico; highly qualified candidates will be approved to work remotely.
Qualified Hazard Mitigation Financial Specialist candidates should have an understanding of hazard mitigation programs and the regulations surrounding the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) financial documentation requirements.
Hazard Mitigation Financial Specialist Job duties include:
• processing subrecipient HMGP financial documentation;
• assisting with justification of reimbursement requests; and
• resolving any financial issues.
• conducting compliance reviews as part of the request for reimbursement process;
• tracking financial, accounting, and statistical records;
• conducting reconciliations on disbursements;
• assisting with overall reporting requirements.
Qualifications:Hazard Mitigation Financial Specialist Requirements:
- A minimum of two years of experience in the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), similar mitigation or resilience program experience, or a combination thereof
- Proficiency in HMGP financial documentation requirements
- Experience in financial administration of internal controls, compliance, budgets, financial reporting, and analysis
- Candidates should be located in either Baton Rouge, LA or San Juan, Puerto Rico to be considered; highly qualified candidates may be allowed to work remotely.