Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/careers.
General Summary: Operates various types of diesel- or gasoline-powered construction equipment to excavate, move, grade search, erect structural and reinforcing steel, and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials
- May spread and smooth dirt; drill holes and dig trenches; level and distribute earth; lift and move machinery, equipment, or materials; and excavate/move sand, gravel, clay, mud, coal or other materials
- Powers on equipment; turns valves to control air and water output of compressors and pumps; adjusts handwheels and depresses pedals to drive machines and control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms
- Cleans, repairs and maintains equipment
- Judges distances and slopes accurately; and makes decisions based on verifiable standards
- The size of the project and organization of the work determines whether a worker spends all his/her time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion
- Some workers may transfer according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis.
Education Guidelines: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Experience Guidelines: 3+ years equipment operation experience
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills. Ability to judge distances and slopes accurately; and make decisions based upon verifiable standards. Approved drivers must possess a current, valid US Class E Driver's License.