To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Hourly Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling of all maintenance in a specified area of the mill located at Dodson, Louisiana. This position receives and reviews each work order for completeness, validity of the priority, clarity and accuracy of information. From work orders, estimates maintenance jobs showing sequence of steps, number of craftsperson's, man-hours and materials required.
- Role model all safety standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity, fairness, & creating a positive inclusive work environment
- Responsible for the process of planning and scheduling of all maintenance for all production process areas and ensuring accountability of goals and objectives of team.
- Reviews work for completeness, validity of the priority, clarity and accuracy of information.
- Work closely with maintenance and production teams to ensure the focus on maximum improvement of processes is realized.
- Contribute toward planning process to include providing input, direction and solutions to issues.
- Recommend improvements in maintenance processes.
- Ability to facilitate implementation of goals and objectives and achieve buy-in and support for initiatives.
- Interfaces with and establishes positive relationships with operations and maintenance personnel to continuously improve mill operations.
- As required, own or contribute to other mill functions, such as safety or environmental initiatives.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years experience in a maintenance related role or maintenance planner role
- Thorough knowledge of plant/mill operations and cost/time required for all types of maintenance work.
- Exposure to purchasing related activities in an industrial environment
- Ability to promote teamwork
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Initiative to get things done with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish positive relationships with mill leadership and hourly associates
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of working in an industrial environment, such as climbing stairs and working in extreme heat and cold
- Willingness to support a 24/7 operating environment, which may include weekend and holiday support as conditions require
The following qualifications are preferred:
- SAP Database experience
- Technical, Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Previous experience in a lumber manufacturing facility
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.