To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Laitram Human Resources Team has an exciting opportunity for someone to work with our Production team to help shape behaviors, skills, and success by driving the understanding and execution of our continuous improvement philosophies (business philosophies) along with defining a coordinate people strategy for the division.
Laitram is comprised of four operating divisions - Intralox L.L.C., Laitram Machinery, Inc., Lapeyre Stair, Inc., and Laitram Machine Shop L.L.C. We employ 3,000 people worldwide. Laitram has continually been recognized for innovation and workplace excellence, including the New Orleans City Business and the Times Picayune/New Orleans Advocate “Best Place to Work” award. Laitram is a vibrant, forward-thinking company that brings innovation, integrity and continuous improvement to every aspect of our work. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Partner with Divisional leadership and employees to build a comprehensive people strategy in line with our culture and business goals.
- Design and deliver engaging business philosophy training, including utilizing blended learning tools and adult learning theory to enhance the skills and guide the behaviors of our employees, leads and supervisors.
- Work with managers and supervisors to help support direct reports with performance management, ongoing coaching, and development.
- Be a reliable “trust partner” for employees for coaching and support and partner with employees on development plans and performance improvement plans to support our continuous improvement mindset.
- Conduct individual and small group employee meetings, including onboarding check in’s and exit interviews.
- Lead the effort to use continuous improvement teams to streamline processes and drive Operational Excellence.
- Serve as an HR liaison for questions and support related to benefits, recruiting, payroll and employee relations.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and continuously improve engagement and learning outcomes.
- Serve as a representative for department Laitram Continuous Improvement Advisory Teams.
- Support leadership with organizational design and effectiveness as needed.
- 10+ yrs. experience in Human Resources and Training & People Development, preferably in manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Adult Education, Business, or related field.
- Experience with instructional design, and presenting topics related to values, principles and soft skills.
- Exceptional presentation, workshop facilitation and influencing skills.
- Solid knowledge of the latest corporate training techniques.
- Ability to translate abstract concepts into practical application.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Inspires trust and relates well to people of varying roles and levels.
- Confident, resilient and takes initiative.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills and habits.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft Office tools, learning management systems, web-ex and video meetings.
- Works well in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.