To apply, CLICK HERE.
Northshore Technical Community College is accepting applications for a full-time, unclassified position domiciled in Lacombe.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled, with preference being given to those received on or before May 25, 2020.
All applicants are subject to a background check, in accordance with NTCC Policy HR-020, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. NTCC participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
To apply please submit: (1) a letter of application, (2) a resume and (3) official transcript to:
Attention: Hiring Manager
Northshore Technical Community College
65556 Centerpoint Boulevard
Lacombe, LA 70445
Telephone number: 985-545-1262
Email: email@example.com __________________________________________________________________________________________
The Human Resources Generalist (HR Generalist) shall report directly to the Northshore Technical Community College Director of Human Resources. The HR Generalist is responsible for ensuring that the human resource functions of the college are processed in accordance with LCTCS and College policy.
Responsible for day-to-day operation, development, and implementation of all human resource functions within Northshore Technical Community College as they relate to the campuses within the college.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree with three years professional level human resource management experience or High
School diploma and five years of professional level human resource experience.
Preferred: Experience in a post-secondary educational institution and state government human resource practices.
Note: Human resources experience is that experience gained in an office whose sole responsibility is the administration of a comprehensive personnel program including many if not all of the following programs: recruitment, selection and placement; training; equal employment opportunity; disciplinary and grievance proceedings; classification and wage; payroll; and employee relations OR experience gained in an office whose sole responsibility is the administration of one aspect of a comprehensive personnel program, such as training, payroll, or equal employment opportunity.
1. Administer all the health and insurance benefit programs offered to NTCC faculty and staff. Provide assistance to employees relative to their available insurance options and the rules, requirements, and benefits of each plan. Assist employees who incur problems with health insurance claims on an ongoing basis. Coordinate the
processing of paperwork with benefit providers. Review all applications and documents completed by employees for accuracy.
- Administer the benefits orientation program for newly eligible employees. Communicates with employees regarding benefit changes and new offerings. Conduct fringe benefits workshops and seminars for departmental clerical and administrative personnel as requested.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources in serving as a liaison between insurance providers and NTCC, coordinating and scheduling annual enrollment meetings and other information meetings as necessary.
- Inform employees of their rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Assist employees in the processing of FMLA application and monitor all applications to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Keep abreast of changes in federal law, state law, and/or NTCC policies that would affect the various benefit plans.
- Works closely with all Campus Administrators within Northshore Technical Community College; prepares and assist in all functions related to human resources.
- Prepares correspondence, flyers, articles for newsletters to inform and update the faculty and staff of new benefits, changes to existing benefits and meetings being conducted relative to their benefit program.
- Enter and update benefit options to establish payroll deductions on PeopleSoft for insurance programs. Coordinate with the LCTCS payroll department benefit premium changes affecting employee’s payroll.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Northshore Technical College Director of Human Resources.
10. Coordinates the receipt and review of applications to ensure that persons being employed in Northshore Technical College meet the qualifications for the position for which they are applying with assistance when necessary from the NTCC Director of Human Resources.
11. Schedules employment interviews and facilitates the hiring process for all new hires in conjunction with the campus HR Liaisons.
12. Prepares all other documents (e.g. board actions, personnel change forms, PeopleSoft entry forms, etc.) related to employment.
13. Coordinates the preparation of job descriptions with the appropriate staff at the direction of the Northshore Technical College Director of Human Resources.
14. Interprets Civil Service rules and regulations and departmental policies and procedures regarding personnel actions for management, employees and applicants.
15. Manages the computerized employee administration functions required to process all personnel and payroll actions needed to complete appointments, merit increases, promotions, transfers, separations, etc. at the direction of the Northshore Technical Community College Director of Human Resources. Evaluates and determines priority of workload.
16. Ensures employment vacancies are advertised appropriately and in accordance with LCTCS and NTCC policy. 17. Other duties in these areas as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1 Skills/Abilities: Application and intermediate knowledge of office practices and procedures. Intermediate computer skills. Effective phone etiquette skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form. Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials. Must establish and maintain effective working
relationships. Excellent customer service skills. Should have knowledge of document-imaging technology. Must be able to maintain current social media websites.
2. Equipment Used: Personal Computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, fax, etc.)
3. Software Used: A variety of word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.