To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Public Assistance (PA) Project Specialist will assist applicants with the development of projects and cost estimates. This position is entry to mid-level with candidates taking direction and reporting to a Project Manager.
• Coordinating with local, state, and federal stakeholders to identify and report disaster related damage.
• Performing damage site assessment visits and developing initial project list to report to FEMA.
• Advising on policy and program requirements and opportunities for projects.
• Collaborating with stakeholders to develop project scopes and costs for incorporation into Project Worksheets.
• Collecting and preparing necessary documentation to support development of Project Worksheets.
• High school diploma and 1-5 years of relevant job experience.
• Previous experience working with FEMA Public Assistance Program is desired. Experience with other federal recovery programs will also be considered (e.g., FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance and HUD Community Development Block Grant) and/or experience working for a local or state government.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Must be local to disaster site in southwest Louisiana or willing to relocate.
• Current FEMA badge is a plus.